Thursday, April 14, 2011

Castle - "The dead pool"

The next episode is on the 2nd of May. Grrr. What is with these TV shows and their hiatuses? 

The last scene had me, though. It was simple, and it took me a while to understand why it felt so awesome.

The show has shown these two for a really long time as people who never talk about how they feel about each other. This time, they opened up in such a friendly, cute way. :)

The show opened up to the murder of a guy who swam really well. People who watched it must have felt it easy to understand, unlike sometimes. Very few times when the show is more focussed on the case than these two.

This time I felt it just right. Unlike times when Castle and Beckett face competition with ex-wives and boyfriends, this was just a guy who considered Castle as his mentor. Castle says he wanted to meet up with him and learn more about his writing process.


Martha: And by process you mean your procrastination until the very last second - 
Alexis: - and then, writing out of a desperate panic and a caffeine-induced haze?
Martha: That one?
Castle: :|

So Alex Conrad does show up in the precinct, and he gives one thought to the case, and Beckett really likes it, and I think it's not fair that Castle's the one who has to get jealous that many times. 

But Conrad was a rookie, and he just wanted to get to the level Castle was at, so hey, they're just friends, Castle. *shrug*

But I get jealous of people who take up time with the other five, so I could kinda relate to it. And to top it all, there's this HUGE basket of muffins on Beckett's table (yum).


Javier giving them a look.



He likes white ones! \o/ Me too! Next to chocolate chip, of course.

"Muffins!"


Beckett: Mm hmm! Alex Conrad sent them to me. (happy)

Castle drops the muffin into the basket. The smile drops off Beckett's face, 'cause really, I don't think she meant it that way at all anymore. But *evileyes* I can't forgive her for Josh. :| :|


That face is too - oh well. Forgiven.

Then, at the end, 



Castle: And Zac thought he could trust his mentor. Turns out to be his killer.


Beckett leans on her desk. "Speaking of mentor, let's talk about doing a crossover with White Collar sometime."
Castle's eyes perk up. "That would be awesome! "


*sniff* That never happened. *sniffsniff*


"Speaking of mentor, I heard you guys were a little hard on Conrad last night." 
How does she know that? Did he tell her? *Imagines*



"Hard on him?"

Oh, please. He was. (trust me) And it wasn't even like him.

"No, it was just a little... friendly hazing?"



"To hear him describe it, it sounds like someone was trying to teach him a lesson."
"What? Why would I want to do that?"
"Because you didn't want him to spend time with me?"
Ouch. 
"That is completely -"
"True?"
For me, all this was completely unexpected. Kinda out of character, but maybe Beckett just wanted to take a step forward. Really, they can't be running away from what they think any longer.

Silence.








"Alright. Fine. I'm jealous. There. I've said it. I - I want you all to myself, and to have you spending time with another writer, that upsets me! And if - if that makes me pay... so be it, guilty as charged."







By the time that dialog was over, I was grinning from ear to ear. Most innocent, lovely line ever, and definitely a baby step forward.




And that's when I think, so what if it was ooc? People aren't always who they really are.

Beckett: Actually, I kinda think it's.. sweet.




Why does Castle look surprised?
Castle: You do?
Beckett: (nodding) I do. 


Aww... that's a lot of admiration.

"...and that's why you don't have to worry about me hanging around with Conrad anymore. From now on, I'm a one-writer girl."

Flashbacks run through my head. "Oh no." "Oh yes." "Sir, he's like a nine year old with a sugar rush, totally incapable of taking anything seriously."

Back to the present.


music in my head: "When you call my name, it's like a little prayer." The glee version.

"I do feel kind of bad, though. He is  my mentee."
"Oh, I wouldn't worry about it too much."



Aw! Kutti! Nice idea, Conrad!

And it's not the first time a guest star that's already acted in WC acted in Castle. Recognize these?



I don't know the guy's name, but he acted fine. 


.............................................................................................Nice epi, over all.  \o/ \o/


0 comments:

Post a Comment